Oakland, CA– On Tuesday morning, October 16, 2017 at 10am, Communities United For Restorative Youth Justice with the support of A.L. Costa Development Center and Silicon Valley De-Bug is holding a press conference in solidarity with Prisoners United who began a hunger strike Sunday, October 15th. Community supporters and local media will gather in front of the Board of Supervisors Building in downtown Oakland, 1225 Oak street.
PRISONERS UNITED DEMANDS:
1. End Indefinite Solitary Confinement/
2. End Subjective Grievance Practices.
3. End Abuse of Discretion to Lockdown Unstructured Programming (Time Out of Cell).
4. End Insufficient and Unsanitary Clothing.
5. End Insufficient Food and Starvation for Indigent Prisoners.