Legal Services for Prisoners with Children (LSPC)

Return to previous page


(Your name)
(Your address)

Honorable (Name of the Judge)
Address of the Court)

Dear Judge (Name of the Judge):

I am writing this letter to introduce myself and to request that the court issue an order allowing me to attend court hearings concerning my child(ren) pursuant to Penal Code §2625. The next hearing is scheduled for (date of hearing).

I would also like to request that the court appoint an attorney to represent me at these hearings because I am a prisoner and I am unable to afford an attorney.

My child's name is (name of child), (her/his) date of birth is (D.O.B. of the child) and the case number is (#). I am very concerned about the welfare of my child(ren), and I believe it is in my child(ren)'s best interest to return to my custody. (Add your reasons here.) my release date is (date of your release), and I want very much to be reunited with (her/him) upon my release from (name of the institution).

Please send a copy of the Order for Transport to the warden at (name of institution) or the sheriff for (county where the prison/jail is located) and to the sheriff for the (county where the juvenile court is located).

Thank you.


(Your signature)
(Your name)

Return to previous page

Legal Services for Prisoners with Children
1540 Market St., Suite 490  •  San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 255-7036  •