Thank you for your support for the Ban the Box campaign!
We’re doing our utmost to organize formerly convicted people & family members to Ban the Box at the local, state, & national level, & remove all barriers to employment, housing, education, & voting.
Donations are always welcome! And individual contributions to Legal Services for Prisoners with Children allow our All of Us or None project to continue to train & organize formerly incarcerated people across the country to continue our (now national) #BanTheBox campaign as well as other programs.
Sign up for our monthly E-Newsletter & Action Alerts (see upper right)
• Read All of Us or None’s Ban the Box Book.
• What are the benefits of Ban the Box? Here’s case study from Durham, N.C.
• “But recent studies say Ban the Box does more harm than good!” – No, racist employers and discriminating employment practices do more harm than good.
Our Ban the Box Toolkit includes best practices and practical documents from existing local governments currently operating successful Ban the Box programs.
The Toolkit also includes our recent Ban the Box report & best practices guide: Ban the Box in Employment – A Grassroots History by Linda Evans.
For more information & resources, see our ally NELP’s Ban the Box / Fair Chance Hiring State and Local Guide.
Ban the Box in the Workplace:
Employers: Update your hiring practices!
• Do you hire formerly incarcerated people?
• Does your employment application currently have “The Box”?
• How to implement Ban the Box policies at your company: Questions to guide your Human Resources Department.
• Practical information by Pacific Reentry Career Services on Ban the Box / Fair Chance Hiring—including links to Federal Bonding Programs & tax credits for hiring formerly incarcerated people.
• Work for a Foundation? Check out our toolkit Fair Chance Hiring in Philanthropy: A Step-by-Step Guide.
Support Ban the Box legislation at our 2017 Quest for Democracy Advocacy Day!
JOIN All of Us or None:For more information on Ban the Box or to start an AOUON chapter in your area: All of Us or None Bay Area / National:
c/o Legal Services for Prisoners with Children
1540 Market Street, #490, San Francisco, CA 94102
Phone: 415-255-7036 x337 / Fax: 415-552-3150
Manuel La Fontaine: x328 / manuel(at)prisonerswithchildren.org